The reason we love the GT series so much is because we love speed and we love cars! Who doesn’t? Driving a race car like a pro is every man’s dream at least in one point of their life, and there has been a different number of cars per GT series. GT5 so far had the most number of cars. The Gran Turismo 5 includes a total of 1,088 cars, would that mean there will be more in the next series? Unfortunately, there has been no official Gran Turismo 6 car list yet, although there have been rumours that the car list includes:
- Abarth 1952 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1
- Alfa Romeo MiTo quadrifoglio verde
- Chevrolet 1969 Camaro ‘Mark Stielow’
- Chevrolet 1971 Camaro ‘Mary Pozzi’
- Ferrari 1954 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Berlinetta
- Hyundai 2012 Genesis 3.8 Coupe
- Hyundai 2012 Veloster Turbo
- Plymouth 1960 XNR Ghia Roadster (Pebble Beach Award 2011)
Based on speculation, the Gran Turismo 6 tracks include:
- Mount Panorama, Motor Racing Circuit Bathurst / Length / 6.213 km (3.861 mi)
- Silverstone Circuit / Length / 5.141 km (3.194 mi)
For now, we can only rely on rumors. Granturismo-6.net will post the latest update of the game as soon as possible. On the previous series there had been different numbers in the car list. Below are the list of GT series and their best cars:
- The first of the series Gran Turismo had 9 manufacturers and only 140 cars like Acura, Nissan, Chevrolet, Honda, Mazda, etc and 21 circuits. It’s best cars are: Nissan Skyline GT-R, Castrol Supra GT, Honda NSX TypeS Zero, TVR Cerbera LM, and Mazda RX7 LM. It only has 2 game mode, the Arcade and Simulation. In the Arcade mode, the player can choose vehicles and courses they like, but the simulation mode requires the player to pass the different driver’s license level to qualify for the next event and also earn trophies, credits, and prized cars by winning the championship.
- Gran Turismo 2 had more cars than the first GT, with up to 500 different models 20 different circuits. Best cars include: Spoon Civic Type R, TVR Tuscan Speed Six, Viper GTS, Ford GT40, RUF CTR2 etc…
- Gran Turismo 3 only includes 180 cars and 20 tracks. It’s best cars when upgraded are: Polyphony 001, Polyphony 002, Mazda 787B, Honda Arta NSX, Chevrolet Camaro Race Car etc. The game ran on a more powerful hardware compared to the previous series, but the game had less content than GT2.
- Gran Turismo 4 this time features 51 tracks, 700 cars and 80 manufacturers. Its best cars include: Viegert Vector V12, Sauber Mercedes c9, Nissan R92CP, Suzuki Escudo Dirt and etc… There are different car list in GT4′s different regions. It is first of the series to feature pickup trucks like: Dodge Ram, Toyota Tacoma, and Ford F-150 Lightning. Vintage cars like Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline which was built in 1937 was also included.
- Gran Turismo 5 had the most number of cars up to 1,088. Some manufacturers made their first appearance in GT5, like: Lamborghini and Bugatti. McLaren made their first appearance along with Maclaren F1. Other car list includes: Jaguar XJ13 race car prototype, Ferrari 330 P4 and the Ford Mark IV race cars, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Ferrari’s 458 Italia and more. GT5 won Best Racing Game in Golden Joystick Awards 2011. There are also celebrity appearances like Jeff Gordon NASCAR champion, as a mentor.